Home
It is currently 18 Jan 2018, 17:44

LXR Reviews from around the world........... 
Site Admin

Post LXR Reviews from around the world...........
Another great review sent in thanks!!!

trailpimp33
3rd Gear Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently purchased one of the new Pitster Pro LXR 14/12 bikes (roller actually as I like my motor 160v2).
My first impression of the bike was the weight, at first I thought that it was a bit heavier than my old X4R, which would not really be a fair comparison considering all the Ti, Carbon Fiber, and ceramic that is in that bike, but upon actually weighing the 2 side by side I found they were much closer than I thought. The slightly higher rear fender and grabbing point adds to the illusion, as it is easier to lift from a lower point.
The hubs are really very nice and really remove the need for upgrading, the only thing I would change is the bolt on rotor adaptors, but Talon does this without issue so no problem.
The frame really is well thought out, and the added stiffness of the design is very welcome and significant.
The linkage rotates smoothly and follows a nice progressive curve with a steep ramp at the very end.

On to actually riding it.

The first few rides were a bit give and take. While setting it up I really noticed the added lateral stiffness and the effect it has holding a line in the corners. The linkage allows the bike to really track very well and the entrance into rough corners are much easier, and the whoops are almost like cheating, it works so well.
It has taken me a few days to really get used to the difference in jumping, and to be honest at first I was not prefering the LXR over the X4 when it came to leaving the ground. Because of the lower leverage ratio and much more progressive nature of the linkage, along with the added travel I had to adjust my technique a bit to compensate. Not saying that one IS better over the other in leaving the ground just different. HOWEVER!!! When it comes time to land that jump the LXR IS better!! If you occasionally come up short on a double or triple, or you overshoot and flat land, the linkage, stiffer frame and added travel all make that landing much more forgiving.
The handling is quicker than any other Pit bike I have ridden before. Not quick in a bad way either, but you can pick and choose almost any line in the turns and it almost instictively goes there. The slightly steeper head angle and more forward engine placement really puts traction on the front wheel and allows you to finese the bike and carve what lines you want in the turns. I did not notice any twitchyness that can be a side effect of a quick turning bike, it still feels solid on the long sweepers and high speed rutted straights.
Some of the areas that could be improved on are really "picky" and not at all faults, just items that could make the total package better.
The exhaust is really pretty good, but does not quite flow as well as the FMF on my X4. I have heard that there are already aftermarket units in the works.
The fins on the oil coolers are metal and really could be made from plastic or carbon for the extra bling, and save some weight. I'm sure this is really a cost issue though, plastic molds are $$$$ and well carbon is MORE. On the flip side the metal ones may act like braces in a crash so it could be a trade off.
Some of the other mounting hardware could be made from aluminum vs. the steel it is to save weight, but again we are talking more dollars to the end consumer so the trade off may be worth it. These are really minor bits like the tank mounting hardware and the front fender and plate hardware, little bits that are steel and not load bearing or structural.

All in all I am very impressed with this bike!! Those of you that know me know what I do, and I have ridden some of the best performing chassis on the market and they do not perform as well as the LXR. With more time on this and in the shop playing with "options" for it I am looking forward to some good summer days.
On a final note, those of you that ride your Pit bike and big bikes on the same day, the seat to peg distance is very close and the transition is much easier now.
Congrats Pitster!

10 Apr 2009, 16:47
Profile Send private message
Site Admin

Post Re: LXR Review
More customer feed back...

question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey i saw you guys at the MOM race over the weekend...i just wanted to let you know that i fell in love with the new lxr's...i race a klx110 with about a little over $4k into it without the cost of the bike...im now tryin to sell the bike or trade it for one of the new lxr's....i cant get over how sick those bikes are and i dont even want to ride my bike any more cause i want one of yours so bad...lol....thanks again and if you guys take trades please let me know, lol....

22 May 2009, 15:02
Site Admin

More customer feed back from an old Honda lover guy..

Pitster

I have bashed the %^$* out of the pitster name and now regret it! I was looking over your site good, you have everything. Even tho Im still not very sure on the china engines, I have to give you props.

You will NEVER see or hear me bash the Pister again.

Reason why, because you have never bailed on a customer and you made your biz work. I thought you were in it only for the $$ but it's not just that.

Hats off to you bud.

22 May 2009, 15:03
Site Admin

Another review..

Re: Pitster LXR First Impressions

having never seen a medina roller in person i can't speak to those pitster however i have seen in person and one word comes to mind "WOW" .
now i am not a china rider but i was a big pitster fan back in 05/06 with the first pitster pro (think mod 50ish bike).
gary will take care of broken parts issues (how ever many they may or may not be).
what you have to watch out for is the "mafia" who gang bang anyone who dares to say honda,kawi or medina , these are the guys who slam everyone and everything out there .
hell JIGracing his son charlie and my self were the original "Mafia" back then and we carried ourselves in a different fashion but to each his or her own.
so fast forward to today would i own a lxr in one word "YES" a very nice looking and performing race proven bike.
timmy cagle and his dad has set the pitbike world on it's ear with the "those guys racing" lxr a sik bike for sure.
ok off my soapbox and on to work.
enjoy the ride no matter what brand.

17 Aug 2009, 15:56
Site Admin

Another review..

timmy cagles lxr is bad to the bone , looks like what the big four should have built for a pitbike.

17 Aug 2009, 15:59
Site Admin

Another great review....

trackstar
1st Gear Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

First Impression: 2009 LXR on the track

Tonight was the last round of the Morgan Mini-Moto and my first ride on the new LXR other than in front of my house in motard trim.

Other than the pipe and tires the bike is stock. I just threw in some general settings on the suspension to get close.

So I go out in practice and I am a disaster out there. The track is hard packed and slick from watering. It's usually really loose so the pressures I had in the Bridgestones (17 psi) was too much. I was sliding sideways into every berm. Running the whoops was really messing with me because my normal way wasnt working and I was casing everything I tried to jump.

1st race I'm behind Anthony on his LXR. He's leading and I'm kind of watching and see theres a different style to make the LXR work. I start to change up and hang with him the whole race.

Matt from Pitster comes over and gives me some suspension advice based on what he saw while watching me. I make the changes as well as drop tire pressures.

2nd race is much better. Bike is behaving well and I've got this linkage thing figured out. Hit the mud out of the sweeper and had the bike totally sideways, staying in the gas and saved it somehow.

Ended up with a Win, two seconds and a third. Put me in 1st overall in 1 class and second in the other. I can live with that.

So heres my overview once I got the settings correct on the shock:

The bike is butter. You dont feel half of the stuff on the track that you do on an X4 because the rear suspension just sucks it up. On high speed sweepers it is ultra stable even through the ruts. I found in the whoops that I couldnt just lift and wheelie through them because the rear end actually works. You just float through them instead of working them. Jumping was the hardest because the X4 would load up the rear and kind of launch me (because I'm 220 pounds I think) so I would always be way nose down in the air and seldom hit the rear on the face or come up short. The LXR doest load up like that so I found I could hit the jumps must faster and keep the same stability. It's very nuetral in the air and even when I would go in like a massive goon it would save me somehow. I was able to pass in the section of the whoops that hadnt been ridden all night.

Overall I love the bike. The motor is very strong but the shift points are way different than my X4. I have to learn that all over again. Cornering is different and I have to adjust my riding style some more to get the most out of the bike. It is SIGNIFICANTLY different to ride than a standard pit bike. Much more forgiving, much more stable but requires you to adjust how you ride to really take advantage of it.

2 weeks until SuperMoto. That will be a great test!

23 Aug 2009, 20:15
Site Admin

Another review...

big_perm
TT Bronze Member

Man do I LOVE my pitster

We have gotten to know each other very well I ride to work just about every day. I rode to the trail rode the trail and rode home I did have some cleaning to do but what a great holiday ride all together a 45 mile ride. If any one is on the fence about getting a motard I got the LXM 160R 14" and have close to 400 miles on it and cant wait to see how many miles I can log on this bike. All I do is change the oil add gas and go. Best bike I have ever bought and did not think this would be the case. I will change the gearing a little most of my ridding is on the street (only one trail ride) and no track time. I do wonder if I have the one with or with out the alloy oil slinger (Ill call Gary and find out) and I plan on putting the six disc CNC TB clutch in it and prob the 184 vr2 big bore and head kit but will wait till xmass to get the parts hope to have 1000 to 1700 miles or more by then.Long story short Gary and the guys at Pitster have hit a homerun with this bike and if there trail bikes are this good I cant see ridding any thing but Pitster and I use to be Big Red all the way

08 Sep 2009, 23:40

Nice reviews! Keep them comming.

15 Sep 2009, 08:16
Site Admin

THOSE GUYS RACING
2nd Gear Member

My Mood: Tgr/lxr

Well as every one knows we have been working on making a real competitive race bike out of our pister pro lxr 12" i know our bike is not your standard stock out of the box bike but we have hbeen able to dial this bike into a real competitive proven race bike we could not ask for any better performance or demands out of our tgr/lxr we have had top riders such as jake canada,jeremy green and our own timmy cagle(ALL THREE RIDERS VERY IMPRESSED) doing testing and riding this bike at there full potental to find weak links that maybe weve over looked and have not addressed we coul not be any happier with our purchase of this bikeister pro lxr 12" zokes,z155,tb v2,pc exhaust,slingless motor mod,stock carb(re-jetted),and a boat load of other stuff for looks onlyand for the record at any time we needed help with anything gary and matt at pister have been there for us in a heart beat pister has been great!

12 Oct 2009, 12:53
Site Admin

Post Re: LXR Reviews from around the world...........
emgee00
PM Newbie
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I received my son's LXR at around the 1st of October but just finally took it out this last weekend (10/10/09). I had some issues with California DMV & registering it. All I can say is WOW!!!! My son had a blast and I had even more of one on it. Thank you PitsterPro!!!

I rode the bike very hard and am thoroughly amazed at every aspect of this thing. The suspension right out of the box was a little soft but had plenty of plush wheel travel. The front forks need to be tweaked too but was very impressive out of the box too. The power of the motor was amazing to me considering the motors complete are around $500. At this price, you can afford to throw them away, comparatively speaking to a Japanese Bike.

PitsterPro said I am one of the first to get a 2009.5 version of the LXR so I really do not know how to judge it against the older (2009) model. One thing I can tell you is I have ridden several other "name brand" (none which will be mentioned here) pit bikes and this one by far blows the competition out of the water.

This bike is truly as close as you can get to a top level 450 race bike that has been shrunk down in size. My son also has a 2007 Honda CRF150RB and still really was impressed with the LXR. I was impressed too at about a third of the price there is into the CRF150RB.

I looked at the cream of the crop of most of the top competitors and was not impressed. One other thing that sealed the deal for me is PitsterPro has an extensive web site with blown up images of replacement parts. For this alone, it is worth it knowing when you need to get a part you won’t be guessing anything. Another key point is that you see PitsterPro Tech Support at all the big races, and small ones too. I personally know that this is a rare thing for the competition to spend their time for any support at races.

I will shamefully admit that I spent way too much time investigating and researching different Chinese Pit Bikes. This bike is as close to a Japanese Bike as you can get. If you are anything like me, you tend to get disappointed by the poor engineering and machining on most Chinese Bikes. This Bike is very well put together. From every weld to every machined part, you can tell that this bike was put together with some quality control measures in place. If you are in the market for a pit bike, you owe it to yourself to check one of these bikes (visual inspection will tell all) out prior to spending your hard earned money. I spent time driving all over Southern California looking at different bikes prior to making my choice. I spent dozens of hours, I mean dozens as in plural!

If you are local to So Cal and would like to see the bike in person, please don’t hesitate to PM me and I will be more than happy to let you check it out for yourself. I had to drive almost 100 miles one way just to get an in person viewing of one of these. I know some of you may think why waste the time when the bike only costs $2200 +/-. For me it wasn’t the money, it was knowing that I was getting something that was worthy of my investment, if that makes sense.

I will try to get some pics of the bike up a little later, even though it still is dirty from last weekend.

I can’t wait for all the top brands to get enough huevos to put together some sort of shout-out. I think I am a little biased as I have already made up my opinion before I bought my bike, but still can’t wait. I think this brand will reign in the Chinese Bike world.

Another thing to consider is this, call all the major distributors and ask questions and see who gives you the time of day and is knowledgeable as well.

Just my $0.02 on this bike and my research. Stay clean in the dirt!

19 Oct 2009, 14:08