Home
It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 12:29

Customer Service 
Site Admin

Post Customer Service
Thanks for the kind words Wandell from
Cairo, Georgia
Customer service

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This day and age you see a lot of posts that are complaints on customer service. It's nice to know that even though poor customer service seems to be the norm these days, not every company is that way. Gary and the rest of the guys at Pitster Pro are the exception to the norm. I recently had a problem with my X4. The bike suddenly started running poorly and I began to worry. Afterall, I purchased this bike online and there is not a dealer in my area. I had a feeling that it was something simple, but I'm not an expert mechanic by any means. The bike became hard to crank so I checked the normal things, fuel, compression and spark. Well I cleaned the carb and didn't see anything unusual. I checked the spark and found it to be weak and it wouldn't fire every time. So I called Pitster and ordered a CDI box after discussing the situation with Chris. While I had some downtime, I decided to check my valve clearance. I had never done this before, but after watching the BBR video and talking to Chris, I gave it a shot and found the valves had tightened up. I set my intake and exhaust according to Chris' recommendations and waited for my parts that the holidays delayed slightly. I received the CDI and installed it and the spark was still weak. Well, the only thing left is the stator so Gary and the guys shipped me a new stator and flywheel as well as a flywheel puller. I had never replaced a stator before so they walked me through every step. Of course, nothing I do is ever simple. The puller Pitster sent me was slightly crossthreaded, but I got it to work and removed the flywheel. Now I wind up rounding off both screws that mount the stator (who says every nut and bolt on a Chinese bike will work loose?). So, I drill out the screw heads, remove the stator and make a trip to town and purchase some new screws and an ezeout. Finally, I get the screws removed and new stator and flywheel installed. The bike fires up and seems to run fine. I ride the bike for about 20 minutes around the yard and then load it up for a weekend of riding with the kids. Of course it rains us out on Sunday but we get to spend all day Monday playing in the mud and the Pitster runs great!
I gotta add that I think that the stator may have been my fault. A while back, the clip inside my spark plug boot broke and the boot would not stay on the plug tight. I wrapped a ziptie around it and countinued riding. I ordered a new coil and boot but I didn't replace it because the bike was running fine. When the bike first acted up, I figured this was the problem, so I installed the new coil, wire and boot. The bike ran for one day, but very poorly. Looking back, I wonder if the loose spark plug book may have caused my stator to go out.
I have to say, I've never had one of the big four dealers go out of their way to help me and answer dumb questions like Pitser. They have always just said "bring it in and we'll take a look at it". If you have any doubts at all about buying a Pitster, rest assured they will take care of you. Not only are Gary and Pitster raising the bar on pitbikes and minis with the quality of their bikes and innovations in technology, they are setting the standard in customer service.
I just wanted to share this with you guys and say thanks to Gary, Chris and the rest of the Pitster crew!

22 Jan 2009, 22:22
Profile Send private message
Site Admin

Post Re: Customer Service
From Pitviking

Visionary Motorsports is the Canadian distibutor for Pitster Pro and they have been great to deal with.I work for a sporting goods store in a small town and service is what we have built our repution on,and the pitsters fit in perfect.If we can't service it we won't sell it!

22 Jan 2009, 22:24

No, thank you Gary.
Glad to see the forum up and running! Had to stop by and join.

13 Feb 2009, 12:27
Site Admin

Wandell wrote:
No, thank you Gary.
Glad to see the forum up and running! Had to stop by and join.

Thanks, Welcome to the forum!

14 Feb 2009, 19:40

Always nice to here some good feedback , great customers sounds like to me.

14 Feb 2009, 21:56
Site Admin

Gary,

Thanks for the update!! I actually talked to Matt one of your tech's I believe today at 11:00 am (eastern time) I just wanted to say thanks for the updates and great communication from you and your staff. Pitster defiantly has great customer service and I am extremely happy with the effort you guys put in!!

Thanks,
Daryl Wowk

05 Mar 2009, 13:22
Site Admin

Siik23
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Siik23
Find all posts by Siik23
Add Siik23 to Your Contacts

#2 12-24-2009, 11:55 AM
b1ackmaze
TT Bronze Member Join Date: Jan 2008

They have a great reputation, and yes, they do make a few shipping mistakes. But, they'll sort it out with you, guaranteed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Balls to the wall until you see god! Turn left!!!

b1ackmaze
View Public Profile
Send a private message to b1ackmaze
Find all posts by b1ackmaze
Add b1ackmaze to Your Contacts

#3 12-24-2009, 09:27 PM
Siik23
TT Newbie Join Date: Dec 2009

it's all good by the time i left and picked my wife up from work it was at my house when i got home and now my bike rips just like Matt said it would.

Siik23
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Siik23
Find all posts by Siik23
Add Siik23 to Your Contacts

#4 12-24-2009, 10:15 PM
ncc
TT Silver Member Join Date: Mar 2008

It was crazy there yesterday trying to get everything sent in every direction, Matthew and I even personally took all the packages to UPS/USPS to ensure as early of shipping as we could not knowing if UPS or USPS would soon enough.
Merry Christmas and Ho Ho Ho from Pitster Pro.

Last edited by ncc; 12-25-2009 at 06:18 PM.

ncc
View Public Profile
Send a private message to ncc
Find all posts by ncc
Add ncc to Your Contacts

#5 12-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Wandell
TT Platinum Member Join Date: Jul 2007

Customer service is one of Pitster Pro's strongest points.

Wandell
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Wandell
Find all posts by Wandell
Add Wandell to Your Contacts

#6 12-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Siik23
TT Newbie Join Date: Dec 2009

i wont argue with that, my bike pulls hard now and im taking it to palmetto motorsports complex tomorrow to see how it runs on a track. I will definately be buying from pitster pro again...thanks guys

29 Dec 2009, 11:54
Site Admin

Dear Gary. I'm glad to do business with you and Pitster Pro motorcycles. I think from what I saw on the videos and pictures it will be a great bike. Compared to the 2009 Honda 230 Enduro, well let's say theres almost no comparison. The motor technology on the 230 is from the late 70s. Your's is a high compression high performance race machine when next to the Honda. If you want to sell more bikes at your shows purchase a Honda 230 and let people ride it first and tell them what the MSRP price is. Then add in freight, set up fees and all of the other stuff they don't tell you about. Then let them ride the Pitster XTR 250 Enduro. If they still want the Honda there's something wrong with them that can't be cured. I showed a friend of mine at work the pictures of the XTR 250 Enduro. He wanted the website address so he could check them out. His name is Bob. Bob is looking for another bike and after I showed him all of the features he was really interested. Hopefully you'll get another sale. I am a member of ABATE of Indiana. We have an Off Road Riding Park that is over 400 acres. We have several other places to ride in my area and several off road riders. I know a lot of them and I'm sure when I get out this spring and they see the bike it will generate a lot of intrest and hopefully more sales for you. Attached are some pictures of me, my Grandkids and some of our bikes. I rode my first mini bike at 5 years old and I have owned a motorcycle since my first Honda Z50 at age 10. You could say I grew up on bikes. I'm 51 now and showing few signs of slowing down. At least mentally! The physical part isn't doing as well. Thats why I thought I would purchase another off road bike and ride 1 more time before I get to old to enjoy it. I haven't owned a dirt bike for 20 years. It will bring back old memories. Thanks again Gary and I'll try to help you sell some more bikes. Sincerely. John A.

30 Dec 2009, 10:43
Site Admin

Dear Gary,

Thank you for getting the MCO notarized. I now have an Ohio title and tags. Really like the little bike, seems like a great value and a lot of fun. I just smile every time I get it out.

Sincerely,
Scot F.

04 Jan 2010, 11:24