Home
It is currently 31 Jul 2014, 11:33

Clone wannabees VS the REAL PITSTER PRO'S?? 
Site Admin

Post Clone wannabees VS the REAL PITSTER PRO'S??
Over the last 6 yrs we have made a focus on developing and advancing the Pitster Pro pit bikes and products. Each yr we have come out with new advances and quality products, and have shown that a high end race ready machine can be purchased at a very reasonable price.

It seems with our Pitster Pro bike designs, there are always the followers who try and make claim that there clone wannabee bike are the "SAME AS". It's amazing to us how many calls we get on a daily basis for the guys looking for parts for the "SAME AS" bikes. These garage sale type importers claim they have parts in stock and plenty of support, however in the end the buyers of these products end up calling us with there tails of terrible service and lack of customer support from the "SAME AS" garage sale importer wanabees.

I have been traveling to China for many yrs now and know many of the "SAME AS" factory's on a first name basis. Each of them send me emails, samples etc.. to show me the products they make. Some even use our same name of there wannabee models to try and promote there inferior product. I have had the experience of even working with some of these "SAME AS" only to find first hand that the claims they make are full of lies and bad qualilty.

Pitster Pro bikes will not always be the cheapest on the market, but they will be the best value and are backed by people who have a passion for the sport. Our products are developed, designed and tested in USA. Every detail are thought out and adjusted to see that proper fit and quality are maintained. While companies jump in and out of the sport and try make a quick buck, and copy what we do by claiming they are the "SAME AS" you can obviously see in the end, as the old saying goes "You get what you pay for".

Pitster Pro stands 100% behind our products with parts in stock in USA, Canada and through many other International imports, as well as, online forum for tech support, Tech help is a phone call away, Parts can be ordered online or over the phone. In-house fab shop for custom motor building and tuning.

Thanks

Here is another link to see how the clone quality is....

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=293

20 Feb 2009, 15:15
Profile Send private message
Site Admin

Post Re: Clone wannabees VS the REAL PITSTER PRO'S??
A few yrs back in 2002 I purchased a Cannondale motorcycle. It actually was a great bike and I liked it very much, however after a few weeks of riding the motor completely grenaded. The bolts that hold the transmission in place had backed out and destroyed the engine completely. So I called Cannondale and tried to find a solution to this problem. Unfortunately for me, they told me there was nothing that could be done!! Yep I was out some serious cash in order to get my new bike back to working condition. In the end it cost me $3500 to repair the engine for a bike I paid over $7k for!!

This experierance gave me such a bitter taste in my mouth of about bad customer service and a manufactures unwillingness to stand behind its products. I know first hand what it is like to have a manufacture leave you high and dry, and have made a commitment to never have a customer go through these same experiences I had.

Recently (Jan 2009) a engine manufactured by the name of YX in China has sent us a bad batch of engines, the cause being a bad bearing from a supplier.
Because of the total lack of quality control form the YX engine factory we have had to take measures in our own hands and fix the motors here in our shop. This is a long and laboring task, however we are committed to maintain the quality and reputation of the Pitster Pro products. If you have any questions please contact us at 801.796.7416

Here is the official announcment.
USA BUILT GPX ENGINES and JETTING

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to a lack of quality control on recent orders from the engine factory YX, We here at Pitster are tearing every motor apart, splitting cases and replacing cheap chinese pieces with quality Japanese components as well as USA machined parts. Making sure that every engine is good to go!

ONLY PITSTER PRO GPX MOTO ENGINES HAVE THESE IMPROVEMENTS!

We found some issues and are fixing them it here in house. Every motor whether its in a bike or a crate, is being gone through completely because we want the end user to have no issues at all! We have worked to get our factories to build the engines just how we want them and since they didn't make all the changes we showed/asked and demanded we are taking things into our own hands and making them right.

On top of that we are double checking jetting on the bikes before they ship out. This doesn't guarantee spot on jetting for every location but will get you close right out of the box.

Also to take advantage of our in house motor building we are offering our customers FREE INSTALLATION of whatever big bore kits or race heads they want. All the customer pays is for the price for the BBK or Race Head or decomp cam. IF its apart, might as well build it!

Please call if you have any questions.

20 Feb 2009, 16:09
Site Admin

Here is an example of someone who bought a bike from a company that claimed to be the same as an X2... Well as you can see it is not the same as our X2.

10 Jun 2009, 12:06
Site Admin

Poor quality Linkage from a clone bike..

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=293

06 Jan 2010, 13:35